A Season of Thankfulness

Yesterday I pulled The Boy on the Wooden Box A Memior Leon Leyson from my shelf and I was unable to put this down until I finished it. This book was published in 2013 and was the reciepant of the Christopher Award , a Christian organization formed in 1945 that awards books that “affirms highest values of human spirit”. This beautifully crafted story is a true account of a young man and his family’s struggle to survive Nazi Germany. It tells a story of strength , endurance, and love found in a family that tooken under Oskar Schindler’s wing. As I read this story I sat and reflected on the upcoming holiday of Thanksgiving. There is so much for all of us to truly be thankful in this world . It is so easy to get caught up in the daily routine of life ( work, social, parenting, marriage , etc.) however how often do we stop to admire our surroundings and count our blessings. After reading Loen’s story and his trumiphs I couldn’t help but to shrug my worries off today with a smile . I even caught myself , “It could always be worse”. Those of you that has read his story will understand fully. 😉

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dark Lake by Sarah Bailey

Lies She Told by Cate Holahan